Saturday, December 12, 2009

Me and My Nomo (older blog)

I want to talk about my Nomo

It is lent and I don't think I have ever really participated in this. You are supposed to give something up that you rely on. I asked Nomo if she wanted to try giving something up. I suggested candy and she said shes in. Now I don't drink coffee, in fact never had a cup in my life. I think however I am addicted to energy drinks. The cheap ones at winco. I didn't want to try this because I didn't think I could really. I work six 10s maybe more of pretty much hard labor. So I just asked Nomo what she thought I should give up. Right away she said caffiene. Not just energy drinks. I said I don't know? "What about tea?" and of course she says, does it have caffiene? Long story short Nomo and me are workin on it. Almost a week, wheewwee. We are helping each other live better. She's a strong girl.

Another thing about my Nomo. I get to teach her Sunday school and it is very fun. By teach I mean I get to color and sing silly songs with the kids. I do this every two weeks for two weeks. On the other weeks I go to the service and most of time Nomo wants to come. That fine. You know how some folks put there hands in the air the praise God. I don't do that for whatever reason. Its just not me. Of course Nomo sees them doing this and she forces my hands up and gives me this look, you have to Dad. Cute.

Heres another fun fact about my Nomo. Just about every night at dinner we listen to music. Whatever is playing. I have an Ipod now so I am learning how to do that. Toward the end of dinner we have somewhat of a dance party. There are certain songs that are dance hits. Here are a few. "North to alaska" by Johny Horton, "Dead man" by Jars of Clay, "Gone" switchfoot. So my point is this is something special. There is a certain song I heard on the radio and actually shed a tear. It is called Cinderella by steven curtis chapman. It is about a dad who's daughter is always asking him to practice dancing. Its an awsome some dads. Theres only a couple other songs that I shed tear listening to. Get that song.

So theres a few things about me and my Nomo (Naomi). One more. I just took my bath. After a hard day I prefer a bath since tired of standing. Anyway it lasted about 5 minutes, that the average. If those girls here that tub running. They come. Usually Mea forces her way in first and kinds sits on my tummy cause "its hot", then Nomo follows, then I get out. Its become a standard routine.

Theres a few fun things about my Nomo and Me. I have another little girl. We're building out own traditions. I'll write about my Mea later.

No comments:

Post a Comment