Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cinderella (older blog)

I listen to a lot of modern christian music. Some of it I don't like, especially the upbeat dance hippity hop type songs. But the songs that really tell you about real life at least the way I see my own life. Steven Curtis Chapman is a musician and he is very successful as Christian artist, very talented. I think he is a real christian, he loves people and his songs tell you that. He also has an adoption organization and he has adopted I think three children. He writes songs about his life and one song is about his five year old girl Maria. That song is Cinderella. This man loves his daughter and treasures the time with her in a way I can relate to. I think I shed a tear the first time I heard that song because I was thinking about my Naomi.

Then I here on the radio yesterday that Maria, the chapman daughter was hit by a car and is dead. I really feel for this man and his family. He is a man of faith and God has given him blessing and talents. God also takes away not just for him but everyone. Why. There is a reason. Either to bring people closer to God or closer to each other, or both. If there is a heaven, it is not a bad thing but it is so sad, because God does want blessings for us in this life.

He does not want pain for us. Sometimes I think he allows us to have pain because we need it to develop strength. Sometimes I think he allows us to have pain because we have strength and he wants us to strengthen others around us and ultimately bring people closer to God. I will pray for this man and his family because he has brought people close to through his music and know he will need to keep God close to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment