Saturday, December 12, 2009

A tougher time (older blog)

I decided to learn spanish. Some of the guys at work speak both. The guy I work, adriane doesn’t speak a lick of english and so he will help. I am downloading spanish teachings on my ipod too. The other guys at work are totally going to help. The best part is my Nomo likes to learn so we can do it together. She is fascinated by the music.

Nomo and I both are doing well with lent. I haven’t had a even a coke and don’t plan on energy drinks anymore. I don’t see any difference in energy or work ability. Nomo is so good with her pledge. I accidentally offered her a cookie and she say’s, "dad too much sugar!" It is fun and I feel healthier.

I am starting to get back into working out a bit. Not like my obsessed days at the gym. Just sittups and push-ups. The girls get on my back to make it extra hard. I really don’t have a choice. Anyway I want to keep my back strong so a strong requires a strong stomach. Then right after the family work out we eat ice cream...balance.

Tomorrow is palm sunday and Nomo gets to wave that old palm branch down the isle and sing Hosannah in the Highest.

I want to write about the spring. The best time. The plants are moving and colors are coming. I want to learn the whole picture thing and trying to put pictures on here. Jap maples, etc...

I have been working for something for a long time. A man needs to build, create, live for something important or not. This is basic to all man. I am at a point where I cannot build. I cannot move where I am. It is brick with no mortor, a plant with no water, a beautiful home sitting on a pile of sand right next to the ocean. It is a bit futile to keep building when at best you are merely rienforcing an enexorably unstable foundation. I see things clearly. I cannot build anything where I am. I don’t know where I will be a year from now but I will not be staning in the sand or anywhere close. This is probably why I am finding menial ways of building myself up. They cannot compensate for what I wanted to build, nor for what I have never known for myself. Someday maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment